A Social bookmark service is an effective tool for submitting your content to a number of public social bookmarking sites such as Digg, Delicious and Stumbleupon. Once your sites’ URL is listed on a Social bookmarking site, it is available to the public to view and to follow.
Here are the 7 practical reasons why you should invest in a social bookmark service.
1.A typical internet user would usually bookmark a web page for easier access and for future reference. However, the computer has a limited number of slots for these bookmarks, so there is a limit to how many pages a user can bookmark. An alternative, which is now widely used, is to use social bookmarking. This is a simple way of saving and keeping web pages in an online location for easy use or for sharing in the future.
2. In recent years, bookmarking has been an integral part of search engine optimization, as it readily provides backlinks for users. As a result, this will improve the Page Rank of your website in the search engines. Social book marking sites list website links, and make them readily searchable. Some of these websites will need you to register for a small fee, while others are free to use.
3. Using a social book marking service will help you quickly boost your website ranking in the search engines, as it submits your website to numerous other sites at one time. A service such as this is ideal for website owners who just don’t have enough time to submit their site themselves. This strategy is really simple and easy to do, however like most things, it can take some time if you’re doing it yourself.
4. As mentioned earlier, social bookmarking is one of the best methods of receiving more backlinks and generating traffic to your website. These backlinks are considered one-way and therefore carry more weight with the search engines. The increase in quality back links directing to your website, will improve the page rank assessment of your site in the search engines. This would have the benefit of provide you with greater exposure for advertising your business.
5. The number of visitors to your site will grow quickly when you use a bookmarking service. Once your site is listed, the business community that you are in, will have a better chance to see your site and rate your product. This is especially true when your blog content is tagged in these sites. Thus, you are guaranteed to receive real feedback on the content and quality of your blog as well as your product.
6. With advertising, this strategy can also help in developing stronger relations between you and your customers. You can easily spread news about your business and share helpful business information with them. There is also the benefit of being able to gain trust from potential customers. Since people like doing business with people that they trust, a social bookmarking strategy is therefore an effective way for you to open opportunities to work with people of the same trade or who have a common interests with you.
7. By providing helpful and relevant information to your visitors, social bookmarking will help increase your brand awareness, which in turn will increase the demand for your product This is an excellent strategy to include when you are launching new products and creating an identity unique for your brand.
As you can see, the benefits of including a social bookmarking strategy into your overall marketing plan, can be very beneficial to your business. It is a relatively easy and inexpensive way to drive more traffic to your site and increase your sales and brand awareness.