Though statistical data says that more than 20 million people are suffering from diabetes alone in United States; still the answer of “what causes diabetes” is still unknown. There are many factors that cause the onset of this disease. The main culprit however is obesity. Regular exercise is important for keeping the weight in control, this also ensures to kick away the onset of diabetes.
A routine blood test enables the doctor to diagnose even the pre-diabetic stage. The timely diagnosis of this stage compels the person to take steps for improving his lifestyle. These lifestyle changes are critical for staying away from full bloom diabetes.
Type of Diabetes
There are two main types of this disease.
- Diabetes Type 1
- Diabetes Type 2
Symptoms of Diabetes
Type 1 is comparatively more serious. The patient has to take a daily dose of insulin for staying away complications as his body is unable to produce insulin in the required amount. Generally the basic cause behind diabetes type 1 is the genes that are brought to the child from his parents. This does not depict that children of all diabetic parents will catch diabetes. Common symptoms of type 1 includes
- Excessive thirst
- Increased urge for urination
- Excessive hunger
- Sudden weight loss
Symptoms of Type 2 Diabetes
Diabetes type 1 however is more common in children; though sometimes it is diagnosed in adults as well. Type 1 is also termed insulin dependent diabetes or juvenile diabetes.
Diabetes type 2 is also termed adult onset diabetes. It is more common than type 1. Symptoms of type 2 diabetes includes
- Excessive urination
- Sudden weight loss
- Blurred vision
- Slow healing wounds
What Causes Diabetes
The risk factors of diabetes includes
- Genetic disposition
- Age factor (in case of type 2)
- Inactive lifestyle
Diabetes Related Complications
Undiagnosed and uncontrolled diabetes leads to many complications that includes
- Kidney problems
- Heart diseases
- Vision problems
It is important that all diabetics should go for the routine, eye check, feet examination and endocrinologist. The proper care can help the diabetics to lead a healthier and normal life.
Tips To Reverse Diabetes
The following steps can help the diabetic person to stay away from diabetic complications
- Never skip the meals; as this is the most major cause of blood sugar level variations.
- Substitute three lager meals with 5 to 6 smaller meals.
- Keep some sweet thing under your belt. The moment you feel the symptoms of low blood sugar it is good to have it to avoid complications
- Eat grilled vegetables by adding lemon, spices, vinegar or garlic.
- Take a variety of fresh fruits like banana and strawberry but avoid eating fresh mangoes, grapes and custard apple because they have a high sugar content.
- Stress level also causes an increase in the level of blood sugar. So attempts must be made to relieve stress.
- Regularly exercise